I or me: which one sounds natural?

Which sentence correctly uses the subject pronoun to describe who is ready?

Lots of A2 learners pause over “I or me”. This short practice page helps you choose accurately between I and me in speech and writing, especially when pairing yourself with another person: one quick question and the slip to watch for.

Try it

Which sentence correctly uses the subject pronoun to describe who is ready?

  1. Me am ready to welcome our guests.
  2. I am ready to welcome our guests.
  3. Me is ready to welcome our guests.
Show the answer

B. I am ready to welcome our guests. — The speaker is the subject describing a state, so the correct pronoun is I.

Want more like this? Try the full lesson free.

Common slip

A common slip is saying “Me am ready to welcome our guests” when you mean “I am ready to welcome our guests”. Say both versions out loud once: the second is the one to keep.

Practise it free

Listen, type what you hear and test yourself in the full lesson: I or me: Choose the Right Pronoun on MicroEnglish.

Originally on microenglish.com · Lesson 1485 · All MicroEnglish channels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What above board means in business English

Possessive determiners: are you getting it right?

And, but, because or so? How to choose the right linking word